Is your home ready for Christmas yet?
Actually, are you ready for your dysfunctional extended family to tornado through your home yet? 🙂
I know how stressful this time of year can be. After all, there’s tons of things that need to get done.
To help you out, I’ve put together 25 things you can do to prep your home for the upcoming holidays.
This way, you can simultaneously stay organized, turn your house into a winter wonderland, and not lose your freakin’ mind.
* Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase an item or items through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll earn a commission for the influence of the sale. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
1. Declutter and donate anything that you no longer need.
2. Clean out your fridge and pantry to make way for holiday foods.
3. Make a master gift list.
4. Plan holiday meals in advance. (Pinterest is a great place to find ideas!)
5. Swap out regular throw blankets and pillows for fluffier, cozier winter alternatives.
6. Load up on a couple of large Christmas scented candles (in the same fragrance) and a few unscented tea lights and votives to place around your living room area.
7. Swap out your regular kitchen towels with festive ones.
8. Put up your Christmas tree, complete with lights and dazzling ornaments.
9. Wrap up your gifts and place them under your tree.
10. Hang up your stockings and pile goodies into them.
11. Place a Christmas doormat out on your front porch.
12. Put up a pretty Christmas wreath.
13. String some twinkle lights along the banister.
14. Set up a few glass jars filled with snacks like peppermints, candy canes, and chocolate.
15. Place reed diffuser air fresheners in the bathrooms.
16. Clear your coat closet to make space for guests.
17. Place some light reading material in the living room for visitors to skim through.
18. Purchase travel-sized toiletries for overnight guests.
19. Stock up on coffee, hot chocolate mix, and tea.
20. Get a gingerbread house kit to keep the kiddos occupied.
21. Have some feel-good holiday movies on hand. (Christmas with the Kranks, Almost Christmas, Elf, etc.)
22. Make a Christmas playlist.
23. Purchase fresh flowers to place around the house. (Hallway tables are a great place to start!)
24. Recharge camera batteries.
25. Prepare your ugly Christmas sweaters for the big day!
How do you like to prepare your home for the festivities?