2 cups brown lentils, cooked
1/2 cup oat flour (or whole wheat breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed, combined with 1/3 cup water)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 of a medium onion, diced
1 carrot, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 800 ml can of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp agave nectar
2 dried bay leaves
sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is soft, pulpy, and able to hold together. If the mixture seems to be too sticky, simply add more oat flour (or breadcrumbs).
3. Begin rolling the mixture into the size of golf balls and place them onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
4. Begin preparing your marinara sauce. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
5. Add in the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Toss in the carrot and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Incorporate the garlic, oregano, and basil.
7. Add in the crushed tomatoes, agave, and bay leaves, alongside a pinch of sea salt. Give it a taste and see if you’d like anything to be adjusted.
8. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes to an hour.
9. Prepare your pasta according to package directions.
10. Once everything is finished, toss the drained pasta with a few ladles of marinara sauce. Proceed to coat the meatballs in marinara sauce as well. Plate your meal and top off with fresh basil or chopped fresh parsley.