Timeless beauty is forever! Here are 15 of my favourite beauty tips.
1. If your hair is thin, don’t let hairdressers convince you to add layers into it because “it’ll add volume”. Lots of layers and “v-cuts” actually do the complete opposite, as they take away from the hair you already have — leaving you with thin, ratty-looking ends. Instead, ask for a blunt “u-cut”.
2. No skincare product will heal your skin the way lots of water and fresh veggies will.
3. Challenge everything that’s been taught to you about what the “ideal woman” should look like. Be body positive with yourself and others, embrace signs of aging, and wear only what you feel comfortable in.
4. If you have wavy or curly hair, don’t run a brush through your hair when it’s dry. Instead, use a wide tooth comb in the shower after conditioning to keep the integrity of your texture.
5. Growing out your natural nails is easier than you think.
6. No makeup removal wipes will work better than some jojoba oil and a cotton pad.
7. Apply ice to cystic acne to reduce inflammation.
8. Put Vaseline in the areas where you normally apply your perfume, prior to spraying it. This will hold the scent much longer than your bare skin will.
9. Use hair conditioner to shave instead of shaving cream. Your legs will be sooo soft.
10. Make sure to change or wash your pillowcases once a week to avoid breakouts.
11. Add chlorophyll to your water to regulate your hormones and fight hormonal acne.
12. If you’re planning on wearing eyeshadow, complete your eye look prior to putting on any face makeup. That way when fallout from the eyeshadow gets onto your cheek or under-eye area, it’ll be an easy clean up and you won’t have to redo your concealer or foundation.
13. To reduce swelling in your face, soak a towel in a sea salt and water solution and apply it to your face for 5-10 minutes. (Avoid your eyes.)
14. Don’t feel obligated to wear makeup to seem “presentable”, “professional”, or even “ready”. Wear makeup as a form of self-expression and only because you want to.
15. Consume refrigerated probiotics to prevent and treat acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
What are your favourite beauty tips you share with all of your friends?