Many people want to start a journal but have no idea where to begin or what to actually write about.
To give you a hand, I’ve put together a list of 30 journal prompts to help you understand yourself better, as well as help you assess your own surroundings to see if you are in a healthy place in your life.
The 30 Day Journal Therapy Challenge:
– Answer one prompt everyday for the next 30 days.
– For each prompt, do your best to fill out at least one entire page. Go into depth about your own emotions and any thoughts you have.
– Don’t worry about perfection. Allow it to be messy, inconsistent, and unclear. What’s important is that you’re allowing yourself to release.
1. Have you forgiven yourself?
2. What learned beliefs are you holding onto which aren’t true to your authentic self?
3. How are you denying your own role in fall-outs you’ve had with other people?
4. How does it feel to be the age you currently are?
5. In what ways do you lessen others to feel better about yourself?
6. Set a timer for 5 minutes, sit in front of a mirror, and look into your own eyes. Who do you see?
7. My mother…
8. My father…
9. Is one life enough?
10. Throughout journaling for self-discovery, what do you hope to find?
11. Who or what are you tolerating that you don’t want in your life?
12. Do a worry purge.
13. Write the name of the person you praise and respect the most. List 10-15 traits you find admirable in them. Underline the traits you possess and circle the ones you’d like to attain.
14. Which lessons have you had to learn the hard way?
15. How would you describe yourself? Would others describe you the same way?
16. How do the current people in your life make you feel about yourself?
17. Recount the details of the best thing you have ever done.
18. Recount the details of the worst thing you have ever done.
19. What makes you angry that really shouldn’t?
20. Write a thank you letter.
21. What type of healing haven’t you conquered within yourself yet?
22. Write a letter to the world.
23. Who are you jealous of? Why?
24. What is something you are afraid of revealing about yourself to other people?
25. What is your zone of genius? Are you using it to its maximum capacity everyday of your life?
26. What have you learned about yourself through the times you have had your heartbroken?
27. List 30 things that make you smile.
28. Write a letter to your body.
29. Jot down 3 questions you need answers for. Try to answer them.
30. What actionable steps can you take to make the next year of your life the best one yet?
And there you have it! 30 journal prompts to help you discover more of yourself.
I hope this has inspired you to start some journaling or at least inspired you to begin reflecting on your journey in life thus far. Feel free to let me know how it goes and please share any answers or revelations you have had during this 30 day challenge (only if you feel comfortable doing so, of course.)