I’m a long-time super fan and user of Nars cosmetics. From their extensive range of foundations and concealers, to their pigmented lip products, it’s hard to not be completely head over heels in love with this brand. The sleek black, minimalist packaging is squeal-worthy and their long-wearing makeup products are unmatched in comparison to many other beauty brands, in my opinion.
If you’ve been curious about getting into Nars makeup but don’t know where to start, here are 6 products I love and use at every chance I get.
* Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase an item or items through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll earn a commission for the influence of the sale. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
Behold: The 6 Most Iconic Nars Products Every Beauty Lover Needs To Have In Their Collection > Click To Tweet
The Best Nars Products
1. Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation: This is by far one of my favourite foundations ever because of how much coverage I can get out of it without it looking like a cake-y mask. It imparts a soft glowy finish that looks very skin-like and natural. I also find that it only takes about one pump to cover my entire face because the pigment in this foundation is so opaque. It works great for all skin types however, if you’re on extreme sides of the spectrum, you may need to tweak it a bit. (Really oily skin will need to powder over the foundation to set it in place whereas really dry skin will need to mix a drop of oil into the foundation for it to have more slide.)
2. Radiant Creamy Concealer: I’ve tried loads of different concealers but I always just end up coming back to this one. It’s ultra-pigmented, conceals my dark circles with minimal product, and gives off a really nice, natural, and radiant finish. I would recommend this concealer for all skin types, however, if you have very dry or mature skin, make sure to prep by allowing an oil to absorb into your skin for at least 20 minutes prior to starting your makeup application. This will ensure that less product will gather into fine lines and wrinkles as well as minimize the likelihood of product sticking to any dry patches you may have on your face.
3 Liquid Blush: I’m a firm believer that no makeup bag is complete without a great liquid blush because they’re so natural looking and easy to use. These ones in particular are stunning because of how seamlessly they melt into the skin. All you need is a teensy pump of it on the back of your hand and then your finger to apply and blend it in to your cheeks. A little of it goes a long way because these are über pigmented. And since you only need a small amount every time, one of these can easily last you up to a year if used everyday.
4. Highlighting Powder: I usually prefer cream and liquid highlighters over powder formulas, but these are spectacular. They’re silky smooth in texture and create an ethereal, glowing finish to the skin. My personal favourites are Ibiza (a soft gold) and Fort de France (a champagne) however, there are different shades available to complement a range of different skin tones. If you’re into a sophisticated, polished glow that looks natural and has no glitter, this highlighter’s definitely something to give a try.
5. Lip Gloss: These are so, so pretty! They have great pigment, great shine, and a ton of different shades to choose from. My favourite out of the bunch though is “Turkish Delight”, especially when it’s paired over a nude lipstick (à la J.Lo vibes). I find that they have a perfect balance of tackiness for staying power, while still having enough movement for the product to apply easily and wear comfortably. Love!
6. Powermatte Lip Pigment: The colours in these range from bold pinks to gothy purples but the pigment in them remains consistent — Super intense. They come with a doe-foot applicator that has a soft point, so it makes it really easy to apply the product on with precision. If you’re looking to make a statement, these are a must-have in your makeup collection. (PS. “Light My Fire” is my absolute fave!)